- Snowden’s public resignation as a whistle blower: lessons for changing an organisation?
- As the raw material of the digital economy, are you worried about your privacy or your cut of the profits?
- To get better complaints: help the customer to complain
- Systems thinking for middle managers: workplace democracy in action.
- In the age of social media, will your Chief Executive sort your mail?
Top Posts & Pages
- RBS vs. Lehman Brothers failures in leadership, culture, and regulators.
- Does the fish rot from the head down? When organisations go toxic
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Thoughts on Barclays, Diamond, and a corporate culture in crisis
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
Tag Archives: training
I have been reflecting on the relationship between learning and change and improvement for organisations. I know that an organisation can be a learning organisation, but does it learn? An organisation may have tools to learn and it may have … Continue reading