Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Culture eats your structure for lunch
- Thoughts on the Trust, Risk, Information and the Law Conference (#TRILCon)
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Which is more difficult? To admit your mistakes or to admit someone else was right?
Category Archives: phone hacking
Tax Avoidance: Barclays and the death of Corporate Social Responsibility? Why do we pay taxes? Everyone grumbles about having to pay taxes and worries about paying too much, but how many of us worry about paying enough? How many of … Continue reading
Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
One of the challenges faced by businesses is how sustain compliance with corporate governance rules. The recent corporate scandals such as Enron, WorldCom and others shows what happens when the internal corporate culture diverges from corporate governance. The challenge is … Continue reading
Often people will say that a problem has happened because of one “rogue” employee (reporter, cop, trader, or whatever). This is a myth, a dangerous myth. Why is this a myth? All employees work and operate within an organisational context. … Continue reading