Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Leaders determine culture: The troubling case of UK policing.
- Does the fish rot from the head down? When organisations go toxic
- The myth of the rogue employee: rotten barrels create rotten apples
Tag Archives: Business
We will hear that transparency is good for organisations and organisations will even tout their transparency. In many cases, the organisations believe what they are doing is transparent. They publish information on a regular basis that describes decisions, financial positions, … Continue reading
In the age of Freedom of Information, public sector organisations, including the police, have to be prepared to respond to FOI requests for how they conduct investigations. For some organisations and some situations, the investigation report is made public such … Continue reading
In any organisation, you have to discuss bad news but few people consider where it is discussed. How you discuss bad news will influence, if not determine, the success of your company. The issue is more than critical upwards communication … Continue reading
A recent story on the BBC highlighted the number of data breaches reported by Welsh local government councils. Aside from the questions about the breaches, how they can be prevented, and whether the reporting mechanism encourages or discourages organisations from … Continue reading
Most chief executives think that they can understand their organisation by what is going right. They look at performance indicators to see what is green, what is delivering the best results and what offers the most profits. For an individual, … Continue reading