Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Culture eats your structure for lunch
- Thoughts on the Trust, Risk, Information and the Law Conference (#TRILCon)
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Which is more difficult? To admit your mistakes or to admit someone else was right?
Tag Archives: Wall Street
When JP Morgan lost 9 billion dollars on a derivatives trade, many people saw it as the market functioning properly. What made the story interesting is the scale of the losses, 9 billion dollars at last estimate. Yet, the story … Continue reading
The financial crisis has shown that the economic growth over the past 20 years in the United States has been based largely, but not exclusively, on personal and corporate debt. The debt dependency has weakened the fundamental financial systems within the … Continue reading
In chapter 25 of Machiavelli’s Prince, we see the problem of fortune and the challenge it presents to a prince. In this instance, we are using fortune to refer to risk. The two are not exactly the same so one … Continue reading