Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Culture eats your structure for lunch
- Thoughts on the Trust, Risk, Information and the Law Conference (#TRILCon)
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Which is more difficult? To admit your mistakes or to admit someone else was right?
Tag Archives: Human resources
As middle manager, I have been thinking a lot about how I do my job. As a colleague explained to me, “We are the jam in the sandwich.” I liked the idea because it shows a central, sweet, and connective … Continue reading
An organisation’s policies and rules show the internal culture. If the documents are written to protect the organisation first and the employee second, you know there may be a flawed culture. The policies set the framework for rewards and punishments. … Continue reading
Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
One of the challenges faced by businesses is how sustain compliance with corporate governance rules. The recent corporate scandals such as Enron, WorldCom and others shows what happens when the internal corporate culture diverges from corporate governance. The challenge is … Continue reading