Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Leadership is not a conversation
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Does the fish rot from the head down? When organisations go toxic
- Hierarchies are networks! Hyperlinks do not subvert hierarchies.
Tag Archives: Middle management
UK College of Policing published a report on police leadership culture. The report found that the top officer culture is problematic as it encourages bullying, sexual harassment, and a sense of entitlement to legal and illegal perks. The report describes … Continue reading
As middle manager, I have been thinking a lot about how I do my job. As a colleague explained to me, “We are the jam in the sandwich.” I liked the idea because it shows a central, sweet, and connective … Continue reading
The manager’s role is changing. The new organisation, connected and networked, requires managers to deal with internal and external issues. The required skill set is changing. In the past, the focus may have been on service delivery based on top … Continue reading
One thing I have been noticed is how managers and leaders approach problems. In a previous job, I had a couple of projects that were technically challenging and had to get sign off from a number of managers before being … Continue reading