Join 2,296 other subscribers
Top Posts & Pages
- Does the fish rot from the head down? When organisations go toxic
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Why Facebook and Google’s strengths are their strategic weakness: privacy and search logic become their downfall.
- How to write transparent investigation reports
- Risk cannot be conquered: Has Wall Street forgotten Machiavelli’s lessons?
Tag Archives: politics
Risk cannot be conquered: Has Wall Street forgotten Machiavelli’s lessons?
In chapter 25 of Machiavelli’s Prince, we see the problem of fortune and the challenge it presents to a prince. In this instance, we are using fortune to refer to risk. The two are not exactly the same so one … Continue reading
Posted in change managment, coruption, culture, management, renewal Tagged #ows, environment, Hedge fund, hedge fund managers, Hurricane Katrina, Niccolò Machiavelli, politics, Prince, Wall Street 3 Comments