Top Posts & Pages
- Does the fish rot from the head down? When organisations go toxic
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Why Facebook and Google’s strengths are their strategic weakness: privacy and search logic become their downfall.
- RBS vs. Lehman Brothers failures in leadership, culture, and regulators.
- Who is creating the rotten barrels in your company?
Tag Archives: Education and Training
Sometimes you have trouble with customer service. Try as you might, you cannot find a way to improve it. What may exist is a gap between the senior management and the frontlines regarding customer service. In many ways, the senior … Continue reading
A few months ago, I wrote a blog about words that kill customer service. Words like “unfortunately” or “of course” and “obviously” immediately undermined the attempt to give good customer service. I am now returning to that idea with some … Continue reading