Top Posts & Pages
- More words and phrases that kill customer service
- Culture eats your structure for lunch
- Why do companies obey the law? Compliance in a self-regulated business is habit that needs to be nurtured.
- Monologue vs. dialogue: The myth that governments need more or better communication.
- How work can compromise our ethics
Category Archives: management
In the age of Freedom of Information, public sector organisations, including the police, have to be prepared to respond to FOI requests for how they conduct investigations. For some organisations and some situations, the investigation report is made public such … Continue reading
This post has been removed as it has been superseded by the post How to write transparent investigation reports. I would like to thank Donna Boehme of the Compliance Strategists for comments on 8 Steps to ensure your investigation does … Continue reading
In any organisation, you have to discuss bad news but few people consider where it is discussed. How you discuss bad news will influence, if not determine, the success of your company. The issue is more than critical upwards communication … Continue reading
Most chief executives think that they can understand their organisation by what is going right. They look at performance indicators to see what is green, what is delivering the best results and what offers the most profits. For an individual, … Continue reading